Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Children's Park

Our amazing church donated money to have a stone engraved at the Children's Park in Tyler with Eden's name. (the picture is sideways because I'm not sure how to change it) The Children's Park is a park that was started by a mother who lost her little boy about 11 years ago. The sidewalks are lined with stones with children's names that have passed away. It's a beautiful park.
What a wonderful way to honor these angel babies. 

There was a ceremony this past saturday at the park that involved music and a roll call.  When they call the name of your child you are supposed to take a little angel ornament and put it on a tree.  At the end they let 230 butterflies go.  I'm sure it would have been a wonderful thing to attend but once we got there, we both realized we were NOT ready for that.  So, we went to Starbucks with my best friend and her sister and mom.  It ended up being a great day!!! 

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome stone. Can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful!~
    This is Aimee Akin by the way. I met you at the reenactment a couple of weeks back when Laura Hill introduced us. I have been blog stalking you, only because Laura put it up! ;-)

    I have been praying for your family. I am not sure if you know that we lost our little baby girl Hannah about 9 1/2 years ago. The Children's Park is very dear to us. Especially because Glory Babies, a ministry that I am very involved in, helped get it off the ground. Jennifer, the woman who came up with the idea and launched the project, is an AMAZING woman. She has a book out that I recommend reading.

    Good for you to realize that you cannot handle the Walk In The Park yet. It's not an easy ceremony. It's almost been 10 years for us and I never leave the ceremony without tears. It's something about hearing "Hannah Marlene Akin" that just does something to my heart. Even typing it does.

    Sorry for the long comment! I just had to post after seeing your beautiful stone! This is a wonderful gift and a beautiful remembrance of your precious son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, what a special gift to remember him by... something you can always visit. I would imagine that the ceremony would be very heart-wrenching, but glad that it turned out to be a very good day! Starbucks helps me feel a little better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a beautiful park. We went to visit it with my Grandmother when were in Tyler. I will look for Eden's stone next time we go.

    Kelli (Moon) Kennedy

    ReplyDelete