Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Perfect Place by Felicia

My wonderful friend, Felicia wrote this poem for us and I wanted to share it because it is too good not to. Thank you, Felicia, for being such a good friend to me.

THE PERFECT PLACE

Lord, I know Your plan is perfect
and I know You want us near
It's so hard sometimes to understand the things that happen here.
We hold on so tight to things we know
and things that we hold dear
that we can't hear your voice inside
that speaks so loud and clear.
You've prepared for us a place with you
without the pain and fear, but for now
it's hard to understand the things that happen here.
There'll come a day in that perfect place
where we'll see Jesus, Friends and Eden's Face
safe in the arms of HIS love.
Carrie, your courage makes me very proud
and I will say it very loud
shout it out above the crowd.
You've stepped out of your comfort zone
into the place of the unknown, where Jesus is
And in so doing you have shown the love
of God as it simply is and finding out that
on this journey you are not alone.
And so my friend, as we patiently wait
for our arrival to that perfect place
where you'll see your sweet Eden's face so near,
It's only then we'll finally understand the things that happened here.

6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful...gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! She is such a good writer!! It really makes me smile!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats sweet & true. i love u girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love it... :) What a special poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia is such a special friend to have ! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete