Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We learn the most from the deepest pain. We learn to know God and not just about God. When our selves shatter, beauty grows.

The Christian life can be likened to a race with a predetermined course and a finish line in eternity. Each believer has a personalized route specially designed by the Lord. Our goal is to stay on track and run with endurance, but the path can be discerned and negotiated only by focusing on Jesus. Because He ran the race perfectly and finished His course, He can show us the way.

Memorial day weekend I started to feel pains that were coming and going about every hour or so. It felt like my stomach was tightening up and it was as hard as a rock. I wasn't really sure what was going on but it didn't feel very pleasant. I decided that it wasn't bad enough to call the doctor or go to the hospital. I felt a little dizzy and disoriented on Sunday. I assumed that it could be attributed to pregnancy "normals". Just to be safe, I called the doctor on Tuesday and she thought that I should come in to make sure that everything was ok. Dr. Natour checked to make sure I wasn't in early labor. It didn't appear to be that. She did a quick sonogram and discovered that Eden had flipped around from breech to head down. Praise the LORD!!!! What an answer to prayer. No wonder I was in so much pain. Dr. N said that most people don't feel as much at this point in pregnancy because they have the benefit of the cushion from the fluid. At my last appointment, it didn't appear that this was very likely for her to do on her own. Good girl!!! I'm so proud of her!! :) It's amazing how I've learned to really value the small things!!! But no doubt, I see this as a miracle. This reduces the chances that I might have to have a c-section. Woohooo!! The dizziness I was experiencing turned out to be dehydration. I've been instructed to drink a gallon of water a day. I feel like all I do now is drink water and visit the ladies room. :) But, I am feeling better!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you won't have to go the c-section route!! God is really watching out for you...and way to go, Eden for flipping around even when there's not much space to do so!!

    ReplyDelete